Conference on Monitoring for Enhanced High Dam Lifetime: Reliable Supply of Water and Electricity in times of Decarbonisation
The conference (>> Download Agenda) was opened by Professor Frank Schilling as DAMAST speaker and Girogi Sharvashidze the Rector of the TSU. This was followed by welcome addresses of
- Nino Tsereteli - Head of the Higher Education and Science Development Department of the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia
- Peter Fischer German Ambassador to Georgia
- Tornike Kazarashvili, Head of Energy Policy and Investment Department, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Develoopment
- Gabriele Hermani, Head of Delegation of German Ministry of Research and Education
- Devi Khvedeliani Head of the Department of International Relations of GTU
The morning sessions have been devoted to the results of the DAMAST project, the afternoon sessions to DAMAST-Tranfer. The conference was highly visible because numerous TV channels have been on the site and colleagues gave interviews. Overall, the two most important pro-government broadcasters as well as the public broadcaster reported quite extensively on the project and especially on the research results. This is important for Georgia to start the social debate about the future of energy supply.
The conference was characterized by key lectures and intense discussions on interpretation and consequences of the results. We thank the local organizers very much to make this conference possible at the beautiful lobby hall of Tbilisi State University.